Project Description

MOVE, (Missionary Outreach Volunteer Evangelism) is a volunteer-staffed, faith-based missionary training school located near Orange Walk, Belize. MOVE exists to inspire, equip and mobilize missionaries to meet practical needs and give the three angels' messages of hope and warning to all the world in these end times. The mission reports posted here are stories of MOVE missionaries from all around the world, as well as updates from our campus.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

The well is dry

Not really...I mean there's still water down there, but not enough to pump out. So last night I stoked up the fire in the kitchen and spent about 2 hours boiling river water. Unfortunately the old kettles added more unpleasant residue as well as a metallic charcoal flavor to the already potent river mix. But in more happy news, we put the roof on the house today! Felt good to FINISH something. Not only that, but some thunderheads rolled in and dumped a load, which the tin sheeting we just put up conveniently served to us. We collected several liters of potable water to replace the river beverage, all in the span of about 15 minutes. Welcome to the rainy season! Didn't have to water the garden today. And I had peanut butter on my pancakes for supper. Yep. I'm smilin'. Kinda funny, the things that humor us missionaries. I mean the things that keep us in humor...(I was going to say "good" humor, but CLEARLY that is something I lack.) And I'll leave it at that.

No comments: