Project Description

MOVE, (Missionary Outreach Volunteer Evangelism) is a volunteer-staffed, faith-based missionary training school located near Orange Walk, Belize. MOVE exists to inspire, equip and mobilize missionaries to meet practical needs and give the three angels' messages of hope and warning to all the world in these end times. The mission reports posted here are stories of MOVE missionaries from all around the world, as well as updates from our campus.

Monday, September 19, 2005

I need to learn Spanish. CLEARLY. I helped or tired to help tutor the students tonight. Pretty sad situation with my limited vocab. And I can’t really supplement it with any English either, porque ellos no entiendan nada….well okay…muy poquito. But it’s all good, we’ll learn together. Perhaps by the end of the year I’ll be able to write an entry in Spanish. But then that wouldn’t do y’all much good now would it. John came up with a great analogy the other day. He said trying to speak a foreign language is like playing Taboo. There are a lot of words you can’t say, and you try to explain them using the words you can say. Problem is, in my case the words I can say don’t add up to much.

No comments: