Project Description

MOVE, (Missionary Outreach Volunteer Evangelism) is a volunteer-staffed, faith-based missionary training school located near Orange Walk, Belize. MOVE exists to inspire, equip and mobilize missionaries to meet practical needs and give the three angels' messages of hope and warning to all the world in these end times. The mission reports posted here are stories of MOVE missionaries from all around the world, as well as updates from our campus.

Friday, September 23, 2005

I think this week was a bit irregular for the school. We were gone for two whole days almost. Tuesday we went to the Catholic school in Yata for a sports tournament dealio. John and I got in on a little soccer, b-ball, and v-ball action. Good stuff. But it was SOO hot. Unrighteously hot…like almost hell hot I would imagine. I rained sweat until the pavement turned black and insects were drowning in the runoff. One bold critter dared to land on John’s arm and was immediately engulfed. Serious. No joke…

Wednesday morning Jeff gave me a tour of the garden and we talked about some crops we’d like to get going out here. Sweet corn, peas, and some other stuff. I’d also really like to get some potatoes going for them. They have a few, but they look pretty sad. I don’t think the top soil is deep enough. They already have a lot of tomatoes which they sell in town as well as lettuce, melons, squash, beans, carrots, and broccoli.

And today I just worked. Did my laundry, which is quite an accomplishment in itself. I’m finding it’s easier to just do my laundry every two or three days so I don’t have to spend half the day in the creek (tempting as that is). I also worked on the waterwheel a bit with Phil and Matt. It’s a pretty sweet little project. I’ll get some pictures up eventually. The idea is to hook up a belt and motor to the wheel and make us a couple of extra kilowatts of juice to supplement the solar panel output.

So there’s the week in a snapshot.

No comments: