Project Description

MOVE, (Missionary Outreach Volunteer Evangelism) is a volunteer-staffed, faith-based missionary training school located near Orange Walk, Belize. MOVE exists to inspire, equip and mobilize missionaries to meet practical needs and give the three angels' messages of hope and warning to all the world in these end times. The mission reports posted here are stories of MOVE missionaries from all around the world, as well as updates from our campus.

Monday, March 13, 2006

So the first week of school is over. Wow is it ever hard to teach in a foreign language! But God is helping me out big time. He's so cool like that. Fortunately I only teach every other day, which is just about perfect becuase it takes me pretty much all day to prepare my lectures and plan homework and in-class activities. And then there's the grading. It wouldn't be so bad if I had a teacher's edition with answer keys. But no such luck. Me and the English-Spanish dictionary sit and wade through stacks of papers together hours at a time. I just finished grading the freshman quizzes by candlelight. It was pretty depressing. Almost all of them failed. I would have blamed it on myself except that the only student who has complained about having a hard time understanding me so far got 90% on her quiz -- the best of the class. Obviously she's at least trying to understand me! But really, if the kids had read and studied what I assigned they would have done better even if they couldn’t understand much of my in-class lecture. Isn’t that the way it goes?

No comments: